April 26th : Earth Guardian MOOP Bag Silk Screening Volunteer Get-together at BMHQ
April 26 - Participation Faire - Burning Man Office in San Francisco
May 10 - (Sat ) MOOP Bag Workshop and Sewing Bee, 11am - 3pm
Black Rock Rendezvous
- Black Rock NCA
June 14 & June 22 : Evapotron Workshop, Palo Alto
June 28-29 : MOOP Bag Making Work Party and BBQ, Nevada City
We'll be constructing MOOP bags out of old jeans and pants, using neck ties as straps. Multiple sewing machines will be on hand, but you are invited to bring your own.
This is a great way to learn how to sew! Bring old pants and ties to donate and something to grill, snacks and drinks, it is a party after all. RSVP and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
July TBD : Volunteer Get-together and final MOOP Bag Workshop
We'll be finishing MOOP bags for Burning Man
- Bring pants, ties, T-shirts and sewing machines!
- We'll share food, drinks, and ideas about our camp and volunteer teams this year at Burning Man
- We'll start at 11:00 am till we're done.
August 26 - September 2 : Burning Man!
- See you all in Black Rock City! We'll be doing hot springs patrols, nature walks and restoration efforts outside the fence!
We'll have daily yoga, workshops, black rock displays, check out our events schedule
- Join one of our volunteer teams!
September TBD : National Public Lands Day
- Projects typically include clean up of recreation sites around the play or in the Calico Mountains and clean-up of two abandoned mine sites
- People can participate in variety of volunteer projects that will
help protect nationally significant historic trails and wilderness
- Volunteers are welcome to camp on Saturday and are invited to
participate in a pot luck dinner with the main dish sponsored by the
Nevada Ourdoor School. People not wanting to camp may be able to arrange motel
accommodations in Gerlach.
- Children's activities
are usually offered.The Nevada Outdoor School has provided inquiry based education programs for youngsters at past events. Check out www.nevadaoutdoorschool.com
- For more information, Persons wishing to attend the National Public Lands Day volunteer event
or who would like more information about it may contact the BLM or Friends
of the Black Rock.
May TBD - (Sat and Sun) Earth Guardian LNT/Green Camping Trip - On Hold for 2014, join us in 2015!
This is the annual Earth Guardian LNT training trip.
The weekend is centered on teaching Leave No Trace and Greening Your Burn to participants in Black Rock City.
This will be the 12th trip lead by Burning Mans own LNT Masters, but is open to anyone interested in LNT or greener camping practices
Meet Friday night or Saturday morning in Nevada City, CA!
Send email to lnt (at) burningman.com to sign up, more details here
- 2007 event :| Photos | | webpage | 2008 event :| Photos | | webpage | 2009 event :| Photos | | webpage |