April 11 - Earth Guardian MOOP Bag Silk Screening Volunteer Get-together in Berkeley, CA
April 18 - Earth Day - Squaw Valley, CA
April 25 - Participation Faire and Newbie Orientation- San Francisco, CA
April 26 & May 2 - Evapotron Workshops, Palo Alto
Build your own Evapotron! We provide materials, tools and guidance.
We ask you for a break-even $85 materials charge for lumber, hardware, fabric, aluminum sheet, bike wheels, etc.
You should also bring a burnerish spirit and food and drink to share.
The weather will probably be sunny, so bring sunscreen and a hat.
To register, ask questions, etc, send email to dry (at) evapotrons.info
Please send the $85 parts fee to firstname.lastname@example.org via Paypal. Click "friends and family to bypass the commercial fees.
May 2-3 - LNT Training Weekend - Nevada City, CA
Interested in learning more about how to Leave No Trace at Burning Man?
- This is an annual training led by Burning Mans own LNT Masters, but is open to anyone interested in LNT or greener camping practices
Meet Friday night or Saturday morning in Nevada City, CA!
Send email to earthguardians (at) burningman.com to sign up, more details here
Black Rock Rendezvous
- Black Rock NCA
May 2-3 - LNT Training Weekend - Fort Stanton NCA, New Mexico
June 13 : MOOP Bag Making Work Party and BBQ, Nevada City
We'll be constructing MOOP bags out of old jeans and pants, using neck ties as straps. Multiple sewing machines will be on hand, but you are invited to bring your own.
This is a great way to learn how to sew! Bring old pants and ties to donate and something to grill, snacks and drinks, it is a party after all. RSVP and questions to earthguardians (at) burningman.com
July 19 : Volunteer Get-together and final MOOP Bag Workshop
We'll be finishing MOOP bags for Burning Man
- Chance to meet other EG volunteers!
- We'll share food, drinks, and ideas about our camp and volunteer teams this year at Burning Man
- We'll go from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm.
- BMHQ: 650 Alabama Street, San Francisco, CA
August 30 - September 7 : Burning Man!
- See you all in Black Rock City! We'll be doing hot springs patrols, LNT outreach, bike green and nature tours and cooking solar cookies!
We'll also have yoga, workshops, black rock displays, check out our events schedule
- Join one of our volunteer teams!
September TBD : National Public Lands Day
- Projects typically include clean up of recreation sites around the play or in the Calico Mountains and clean-up of two abandoned mine sites
- People can participate in variety of volunteer projects that will
help protect nationally significant historic trails and wilderness
- Volunteers are welcome to camp on Saturday and are invited to
participate in a pot luck dinner with the main dish sponsored by the
Nevada Ourdoor School. People not wanting to camp may be able to arrange motel
accommodations in Gerlach.
- Children's activities
are usually offered.The Nevada Outdoor School has provided inquiry based education programs for youngsters at past events. Check out www.nevadaoutdoorschool.com
- For more information, Persons wishing to attend the National Public Lands Day volunteer event
or who would like more information about it may contact the BLM or Friends
of the Black Rock.