April 6-7 : Earth Guardian Bandanna and MOOP Bag Silk Screening Volunteer Get-together, Oakland
April 20 : Earth Day Event - San Francisco (Civic Center Area)
Create Eco Art? A DIY earth-friendly project? You can join us and the Burning Man Project and dozens of other organizations, individuals and artists at Earth Day in San Francisco.
This unique event is a day of green sustainability discussions, activitism, workshops and fun for the whole family. For more information, check out EarthDaySF.org.
April 27 - Participation Faire - Burning Man Office in San Francisco
May 18-19 - (Sat and Sun) Earth Guardian LNT/Green Camping Trip
This is the annual Earth Guardian LNT training trip. This is our
most important training for the year and a retreat for educators.
The weekend is centered on teaching Leave No Trace and Greening Your Burn to participants in Black Rock City.
This will be the 11th trip lead by Burning Mans own LNT Masters, but is open to anyone interested in LNT or greener camping practices
Meet Friday night or Saturday morning in Nevada City, CA!
Send email to lnt (at) burningman.com to sign up, more details here
- 2007 event :| Photos | | webpage | 2008 event :| Photos | | webpage | 2009 event :| Photos | | webpage |
Black Rock Rendezvous
- Black Rock NCA
June 15-16 : MOOP Bag Making Work Party and BBQ, Nevada City
July 14 : Evapatron Workshop, Santa Cruz
July 27-28 : MOOP Bag Silk Screening and Evapatron Workshop, Oakland
July TBD - DIY MOOP Bag Playa-U, 3pm
- Prepare for the Playa, Cafe Cocomo, 650 Indiana Street, SF
- Learn how to make your own MOOP bag at the Prepare for the Playa event
- Just bring a pair of old jeans and a neck tie. You can then bling our your MOOP bag in your personal playawear style!
- Prepare for the Playa goes from noon-7pm, our workshop will happen around 3 pm.
July TBD - Make Your Own MOOP Bag Worshop/Sewing Bee, 7pm
- Bring Your Own Pants, Ties and Bling materials. You'll make your own personalized MOOP bag at BM HQ
- Bring bling like patches, fabric/fur scraps and trims are great. Consider fabric painting or Bedazzling your bag!
- Please avoid sequins and dangly bits that can become embarrassing MOOP. We will provide sewing machines, sewing supplies and hands-on instruction.
- If you don’t know how to sew, this is a great way to learn this valuable playa-skill, RSVP and questions to: Judes, firstname.lastname@example.org
August 26 - September 2 : Burning Man!
- See you all in Black Rock City! We'll be doing hot springs patrols, nature walks and restoration efforts outside the fence!
We'll have daily yoga, workshops, black rock displays, check out our events schedule
- Join one of our volunteer teams!
September TBD : National Public Lands Day
- Projects typically include clean up of recreation sites around the play or in the Calico Mountains and clean-up of two abandoned mine sites
- People can participate in variety of volunteer projects that will
help protect nationally significant historic trails and wilderness
- Volunteers are welcome to camp on Saturday and are invited to
participate in a pot luck dinner with the main dish sponsored by the
Nevada Ourdoor School. People not wanting to camp may be able to arrange motel
accommodations in Gerlach.
- Children's activities
are usually offered.The Nevada Outdoor School has provided inquiry based education programs for youngsters at past events. Check out www.nevadaoutdoorschool.com
- For more information, Persons wishing to attend the National Public Lands Day volunteer event
or who would like more information about it may contact the BLM or Friends
of the Black Rock.